anon — July 1983
- Canadian Peace Listing (Vol. 1) is produced by the Greater Victoria Disarmament Group and compiled by Pascal Baudaux. The Peace Listing includes more than 500 organisations throughout Canada. The Listing is organised alphabetically by province. $5.00. Send cheque payable to Greater Victoria Disarmament Group to A Canadian Peace Listing, G.V.D.G.. 2420 Dougias St , Suite 4, Victoria, B.C., V8T 4L7.
- Canada and the Nuclear Arms Race, edited by Ernie Regehr and Simon Rosenblum. James Lorimer & Co., 1983. In this book some of Canada’s most distinguished critics of the arms race examine our drift toward annihilation, show how Canada is contributing to it, and explain the policies that Canada could adopt to encourage the reversal of the arms race. $12.95.
- World Military and Social Expenditure 1982, by Ruth Leger Sivard. The purpose of this report it to provide an annual accounting of the use of world resources for social and military purposes. In bringing together military costs and social needs for direct comparison, the report bridges a gap in the information otherwise available to the public. $5.00.
- In the Nuclear Shadow — What Can the Children Tell Us 28 mins. Thirty children of various races and backgrounds from 20 different schools were individually interviewed for the production. Twenty-seven young people represent the overall spontaneous thoughts and feeling expressed concerning the arms race. Available in Video 1/2 in. VHS from C.M.P. at xxx-xxxx,
- Firebreaks — This is a very well-planned war-peace game based on the type of simulations practised by the Pentagon, but in this case intended as an educational tool to demonstrate what all of us can do to prevent nuclear war (including a complete Section on “What about the Russians”). It is played by 10-20 people in several sessions.